Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My [sister's] Big Fat Wisconsin Wedding



This was a big weekend for our family, my sister Magdalena got married! It started with me hosting her bridal luncheon on Saturday at the Eau Claire Country Club. It was a beautiful setting, and I would know because it is where my husband and I had our wedding. We had so much fun playing games, opening presents and chatting. Then it was off to the rehearsal where I had to learn my duties as the matron of honor.

(My sister Magdalena, her new husband Justin and our Mom and Dad)

That night we had a huge party at her house for forty out of town guests. There was great food, and a lot of it, while we got to meet a lot of the groom's family. It was fun, but it was also a lot of work to clean up. We all went to bed very tired but rallied early the next morning for church then back to my parent's house for a big brunch party. We managed to get everyone fed, entertained, out the door then cleaned up with just enough time to run off to the church to decorate for the evening candlelight wedding.



The wedding was dreamy and my beautiful sister looked magnificent. After the ceremony we had a decadent dinner at the Mona Lisa's in downtown Eau Claire, they opened just for us. My husband and I loved eating there when we lived in Wisconsin [I am allowed to do a shameless plug because they are outside of our viewing area].
I made the mistake of taking off my shoes at the dinner. Needless to say they wouldn't go back on, one of the side effects of being 5-1/2 months pregnant and on my feet all day. But, it was all worth it to see my sister and her new husband so happy and in love.
Congratulations to Justin and Magdalena Battles!

Rachel Pierce

rpierce@myabc5.com