Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby Shower

I just had my first baby shower this weekend in my hometown of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. My sister Magdalena and my mom Jenny hosted it at my sister's summer home. Let me first say they went overboard with the decorations, food, gifts and dessert, four cakes from Cold Stone Creamery (my favorite)! Oh, and we can’t forget the strawberry chocolate fountain!

The shower started at noon and about forty ladies were present. Some of my uncles and other male relatives were there too, but the guys stayed downstairs and did guy stuff. The guests came from all over, some driving hours to be there. I just feel so blessed to have so many people in my life that care about me, my husband and our growing family!

We started off a little devotional from my mom. Then we all ate lunch and played a few fun baby shower games, like baby bingo, a word scramble and questions about me. It was so much fun! Then came the time to open presents. I am amazed at the generosity of everyone...it was truly enough to have them just be there! We received a homemade quilt, a painting by my mom, a running stroller, toys, bibs, pacifiers, travel gear, nursing items, picture frames, books and baby clothes upon baby clothes! I just can't believe how cute and little the outfits are, it was just soooo much fun!

Now all we have to do is finish the nursery so we can organize it all!

On a side note, a big thank you to my friend Kirsi Ingram for taking all the pictures of my shower!


(The painting my mom did for Lydia's room)

(Me, my sister Magadalena and my Mom Jenny next to the running stroller they got me.)

(Me with with amazing quilt done by Roxi)


(A view of the food)

(My sister and me)


(That's a lot of presents!)





















(And this is a side shot for those of you who have been asking for one. This is me a little over 29 weeks along.)

Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com