Wednesday, October 26, 2011

We love the Pumpkin Patch!



We have turned the Pumpkin Patch into a tradition. We have gone to Howell's Tree Farm for several years. The boys love it and apparently so do thousands of other city dwellers. I'm always amazed by the line of cars that turns off the highway into the gravel driveway of the tree farm. It reminds me of the movie, Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come." The 'it' being a pumpkin patch, craft store, beautiful potted mums, petting zoo, corn cannon, corn maze, a playground, etc.... in other words, a taste of country.

I grew up in a small town with 'country' all around me. I love the simple life that comes with small town, rural Iowa. And nowadays I'm paying 7 dollars admission for it. Kind of ironic, but we love it.

Thanks for reading!

Amanda