Friday, December 10, 2010

Valley Junction Holiday Open House

Valley Junction in West Des Moines had three holiday open house nights this year. The last one was last night and I decided to make a last-minute trip over my dinner break. I had my three-year-old with me. I wanted him to see Santa and take him on a horse carriage ride. Both were huge successes. We topped the hour off with treats from Nan's Nummies, love that place.
Valley Junction is such a neat collection of unique, locally owned shops. I plan on going this weekend to do some Christmas shopping. It's such a nice break from the malls and big box stores. Each year I find myself less and less interested in heading out into the holiday frenzy and Valley Junction is a great way to avoid the chaos but still enjoy the holiday shopping season.

Oh, have you seen the our new Holiday promos airing? Every time I turn around somebody comments how cute Maddox was with his "Happy Holiday" fist pump in the air. He adds a little spice to our family promo.
Hope our holiday preps are going well... and thanks for reading.

Amanda

akrenz@myabc5.com