Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby Food!

I've started a new adventure. I'm making baby food for my six-month-old. I didn't do this with my first son, but kind of wish I would have. It's easy, it's healthy, and it saves money. It also allows me to buy my own organic produce to puree.


I found my inspiration from a network news anchor, Norah O'Donnell. She's the cheif Washington correspondent for MSNBC, her husband's a chef. She has a fairly new book out called Baby Love with healthy baby food recipes. You can watch her demonstration by clicking here. Here are a couple shots of me whipping up some organic peas. (Thanks Mom for the new blender!) Did you know there's a certain way to prepare them so they maintain their bright green color and all their nutrients?




So far I've made peas and apples. My baby loves both of them. It's so much fun! I'm going to try and enjoy it as much as I can because before I know it, he'll be eating 'big boy' food.


Any of you have any baby food recipes you'd like to share? Send them my way, akrenz@myabc5.com.



Thanks for reading!


Amanda