Monday, January 17, 2011

Snowbirds


Lydia on her first boat ride, we went out in the Gulf of Mexico


Magdalena Battles, Rachel Pierce and Lydia, Picking up shells

My husband, Lydia and I acted like snowbirds this past weekend and went to South Florida to visit my sister Magdalena Battles and her husband Justin. We had a blast! The weather was perfect mid to upper seventies and sunny! Over four days we a lot. We went boating in the Gulf of Mexico, went to Santibel beach and picked up shells, went on walks, shopped and then shopped some more, went out for sushi, played games and more!



Really we didn't need to do anything but sit outside and get a break from the Iowa winter for a few days and spend some quality time with my lovely sister and brother-in-law. But, I'd be lieing if I didn't say it was tough to get off the plane in Iowa this morning to all the wet, snowy, slushy weather.

Rachel Pierce





We saw tons of dolphins!!!

Justin Battles watching dolphins from shore.

Enjoying walking in water, little too cold to swim.



Aunt Magdalena taking Lydia for her first dip in the Gulf of Mexico.


Lydia turned nine months old on the trip.

Magdalena Battle and I LOVE pageants and enjoyed watching Miss Nebraska will the title this past Saturday on ABC. My sister was in pageants so we decided it will be the perfect time to bring them out.