Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love and a lollipop

Just celebrated a wonderful Valentine's day. It was pretty much like every other day but I think there was a little more love. I had a talk with my three-year-old about the meaning of Valentine's day, and he would repeat that "Valentine's Day is about love." However, I think what he'll remember most about this day is that he got a giant rainbow lollipop!



My husband and I talked about what to give Maddox for Valentine's Day and we decided against any sort of toy. We don't want to make the holiday about giving presents. We want it to just be a special day where you share something small and thoughtful from the heart. Maddox has been obsessed with lollipops after reading a certain Berenstain Bears book about junk food so it was the perfect little something for him.


Little Mercer got lots of love too, but not in the form of lollipops... just hugs :)

Hope you had a great Valentine's day!