Tuesday, June 22, 2010


Right before I started writing this blog I snapped this picture of my little Lydia, asleep in her pack-n-play next to me. Aren't sleeping babies the best! She'll be ten weeks old tomorrow. Wow does time fly!

Our family has been super busy. Last week I taught the four-year olds at Vacation Bible School at our church. I had ten boys and two girls. Saying boys have energy would be a HUGE understatement, but it was so much fun.

We also were involved and volunteered in the Hy-Vee Trialthon events, went to Winefest, celebrated father's day and just busy with day to day stuff.

I've been working out like crazy. I started training for the Des Moines half marathon and have also been working out with a personal trainer twice a week. Gotta lose that baby weight. My husband for father's day got me a present! He said he wouldn't be a father without me, so sweet. I'm obsessed with the gift. He got me the Garmin GPS Forerunner 405 running watch. I'd go into all the amazing stuff it does but it would take pages to write it all out! All I can say is it totally gets me motivated and excited to lace up my shoes and hit the pavement.

My maternity leave is quickly coming to a close I return a week from this Thursday. People ask me if I'm ready, I know it will be hard but I love my job. Any working moms out their have any advice to make the transition back to work easier?

Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com