Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Running Days

I've been training pretty hard the last month for my upcoming half marathons. I'm doing two in Iowa, one in September and one in October. I'm so grateful for my running partner. We meet up once a week to knock out our long run. This week its a nine-miler, whew! We both have new babies and admit if we didn't have each other those long runs may not happen.

I love my Garmin watch that keeps track of my pace, calories, mileage, course and more. I'm a nerd, I get so excited after my run to download all the information onto my computer and see how I did. I've been trying to keep my miles under 9 minute pace, slower than I use to be but I'll get back to my faster pace...someday.

I can't wait until Lydia is old enough to go in the running stroller. My husband plans to bike next to me running with the baby, what a great family bonding time that will be!

Rachel Pierce