Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baby Food, Part 2

I know you've all be waiting on pins and needles for this blog post. I would just like to take a moment to boast about the top shelf of my freezer, it's full of sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, peaches, apples, blueberries, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, edamame, peas... and probably some other stuff. They're all mixed in various combinations that my 8 month old seems to love.

I should probably calm down with the blender or I'm going to end up with way too much. My baby will be eating this food when he's four :)


Rachel and I had a viewer email us a very simple, yet great idea for getting kids to eat healthy, or at least snack healthy. Here's what he said:

"I think a good way to get kids to eat healthy is to always have a bowl of fruit set out, especially for snacks. I remember when I was growing up and visited some friends at their house there were bowls filled with bananas, oranges, apples, etc."

It seems so obvious, but I don't really see people do this. I think I might give it a try.

Oh, and happy March! Who's ready for spring?

Amanda

akrenz@myabc5.com