Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Texas

(Lydia in her first pair of cowboy boots, thanks Kirsi and Taryn for the loan.)
(Lydia and I enjoying the heat!)
(Lydia getting pushed by Taryn Ingram.)
(The Gaylord Hotel from our room balcony)
My daughter Lydia and I took a little vacation to see friends down in Dallas, Texas. We had a blast and enjoyed some really hot weather! It was in the upper eighties most of the days. We stayed a few nights with my college roommate Kirsi Ingram who is now a photographer. Kirsi did Lydia's first birthday pictures and I'll post them on this blog when I get them. Unfortunately Lydia was a bit under the weather so she didn't quite cooperate with the photos. Kirsi had made this cute pink tiered cake for Lydia to "smash" into. Lydia put one finger in it, cried and crawled to me...oh well. I also got to see some other friends, another college roommate Delana Mota, her husband and their little boy Preston. And you may remember my former co-anchor Chris Flanagan. I was able to see him and his family. He also has a new little one. Quinn is just three weeks younger than Lydia and he is just adorable. Lydia and I also stayed at the Gaylord hotel. What an incredible place. We walked all around in their Alamo themed atrium. There were so many beautiful flowers and trees inside. All Lydia wanted to do was walk. She can't do it on her own so I had to hold her little hands...yikes backache! We also splashed around in the pool a bit, Lydia is such a water baby! It was nice to get away for few days but I sure enjoy being back home.

Rachel Pierce rpierce@myabc5.com