Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RIP Davy Jones




Its a sad day. 'The Monkees' TV show star Davy Jones passed away yesterday due to a heart attack in Florida. He was just 66 years old. He sang lead vocals in popular songs like 'Daydream Believer'.
I'm sure many of you have fond memories of Jones...I know I do. I got to meet him when he performed at the ABC 5-Budweiser Stage at the Iowa State Fair two years ago. I introduced him on the stage along with with KIOA's Pam Dixon. Our stage tent has never been so busy. It was packed with people (lots of ladies) who wanted to see him BAD! Many got there hours before to get a good spot. It was so cute to see fifty year old ladies holding up home-made signs declaring their love for him! He was such a gentleman, so sweet and genuinely excited to be in Iowa. He will truly be missed.


Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com