Monday, January 4, 2010

Big Family, Big Party

My grandparents had a lot of kids, and their kids had a lot of kids, and those kids had some kids...what I'm trying to say is I have a really big family. So big every year for the past 20 years right after Christmas we rent out the local YMCA for the day to host our family Christmas party. It's involves eight hours of a lot of food, basketball, volleyball, swimming, tons of card games and, of course, socializing. Unfortunately due to a flu bug going around many were not able to make it including my Grandma Hazel. But, there was still about 70 people who made it over. We really enjoyed ourselves and will have a great time again next year.


It’s fun to think next year we'll have a 9 month old at the party. I don't know how much she'll be involved though. Volley ball is out for sure, water polo though…


How does your family celebrate Christmas? Any long standing traditions?

-Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com