Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pampers Problem

My husband and I swear by Pampers diapers, until now. Our son barely had a single diaper rash as a baby and they seemed to fit him the best.

However, after Christina's story on ABC5, and now a federal investigation into the new "Dry Max" Pampers, I think I'll reconsider brands for my new baby boy.

In my ideal world I'd love to do cloth diapers, but realistically I won't. I hear and read the statistics about what percentage of landfills are made up of disposable diapers and it's appalling. Is there a compromise here? What other suggestions do you have for diapers? I'm going to do some research of my own and hopefully find some that are somewhat more environmentally friendly, yet convenient.

Please pass along your suggestions.

Amanda

akrenz@myabc5.com