Thursday, May 6, 2010

Great Grandma

My grandmother Hazel is now 89 years old, my grandfather Harold passed away last year. It's hard to talk about but we know my grandma's time here on earth is short. So with that in mind my husband, our new daughter, my sister and I headed up to Wisconsin to see my grandma. Traveling with a two week old in a car for five plus hours is not fun. I felt like we were packing up the entire house for our four days away. It was worth it for Lydia and her great grandmother to meet.
The trip up was a little rough but once we got to my parents house in Wisconsin it was pretty easy. There were so many hands to help with Lydia; my parents, my sisters Jessica and Natalie and my hubby and I. The trip back to Iowa was better but we were all beat by the time we made it home.

Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com