Monday, September 13, 2010

Big Busy Weekend




(Our running group: Rachel Pierce, Sarah Danik and Heather Yost)

My big busy weekend started on Friday. I took off from work and headed to Waterloo with my sister Natalie Licht and my daughter Lydia. The reason for the trip, so I could be there to run the Park to Park half marathon on Saturday. We had fun at the hotel. Our friends were also staying there and we all went swimming. Lydia's first time in a pool. She didn't like it at first but then seemed to not mind.

Saturday I ran the half marathon with my good friends Heather Yost and Sarah Danik. I was really proud of us. We averaged 8:42 miles and our total time was 1:54. My goal was to run it under two hours and we did it!

(Above: Heather Yost and Rachel Pierce)
(Below: Sarah Danik, Rachel Pierce and Lydia)



After the race we went to Brad Edward's house for the big Cy-Hawk game. It was a blast. Brad and his family know how to throw a party.


(Above: Rachel Pierce and Natalie Licht)
(Below: Brad Edwards)






On Sunday we went to church and then headed down to the East Village for the Sunday Bazaar. The Bazaar will be going on every Sunday from noon-to-four until October 31st. The event has antique furninture and clothes, jewerly, food, plants, live music and much more. Plus all the shops in the area are open too.
(Below: Amy Hassebrock, event organizer and owner of Aimee in the East Village)

Rachel Pierce

rpierce@myabc5.com