Monday, September 6, 2010

Great Big Family Reunion

Every Sunday of the Labor Day weekend is our big Licht family reunion held in a little park in Wisconsin. The event is anything but little. This Sunday about four hundred people were in attendance. It's a big potluck and all we do is eat, socialize and play games. It's always a good time. The reunion has been going on for years. My parents went after they got married, that was 38 years ago, so its been going on for at least that long.


The picture above is our family tree. From my great grandparents Joseph Licht and Magdalena Reba there are more than a thousand people! Most still live up in central Wisconsin.
I'm glad we were able to make the trip home and spend some quality time with family, even if it was a quick trip.

Rachel Pierce

Above: Grandma Jenny Licht holding my daughter Lydia.

Great Grandma Hazel Licht, holding Lydia


Me and my husband Matthew Pierce


The line for the potluck at the reunion.

At the reunion