Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My toddler, the genius.

Doesn't every parent want to think that?

Now, what do I get my genius for Christmas?

I don't know if my son, Maddox, is technically a genius, but I think it's safe to say he's a smart little guy. These days I find myself wondering what to get my intelligent two-year-old for Christmas. My husband and I like to get toys that are at least somewhat educational (even though that doesn't always happen, note the Sponge Bob guitar).

So do any of you have any ideas for some good educational toddler toys? Maddox knows all his letters, numbers, and colors (this is me bragging). So I guess we want something that will help him sound out words. I keep thinking he's too young to learn to read but if he recognizes all upper and lower case letters and knows what sound they all make isn't he ready? (me bragging again)

So please, let me know what has worked for your kids. Or should I just stick with good ole' fashion flashcards?

By the way, I will share an amazing website that I believe helped Maddox learn his letters at such a young age. It's called Starfall. Go ahead and click here for the link. My mother used to teach elementary and told me about it. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for your help. -Amanda (akrenz@myabc5.com)