Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Working Out


(Me 16 weeks along after running the Des Moines 1/2 Marathon)

Exercise is a big part of my life. I was all trained up to run the Des Moines Marathon when I found out I was 12 weeks pregnant. Yes, twelve. Needless to say my doctor didn't think it was wise to run the entire thing, so I switched to the half marathon and ran it at a safe pace with my sister. We had a blast. My parents and friends cheered us on, it was so sweet. I'm still running between 3 to 6 miles four times a week and doing fitness classes at my gym. Hopefully I will be able to work out until the very end...I'm feeling good now so it seems possible.

For the ladies out there who have had babies, how long did you exercise? Did it help your pregnancy? Any tips you can pass along?

Rachel Pierce rpierce@myabc5.com