Thursday, November 26, 2009

What a Wonderful Turkey Day... at work!

Let me explain.

Any day of the year I would choose to be with my family first and foremost. But if I can't, my co-workers rank a strong second.

I organized a potluck for Thanksgiving and honestly I wasn't sure what to expect or if anyone would participate. The station purchased our 18 pound turkey and the rest of us brought the fixins. There were about a dozen people working today so we had quite the spread.

Everybody was in good spirits even though we were working. One gentleman even arranged chairs around a table in the newsroom and we ate together like a family (except Whitney, she had to run out and cover a house fire).

It really was a lot of fun and I wanted to share a few photos to brag a little about what a great staff we have at ABC5.


Lisa carving a turkey for the first time.


The impressive spread...


Part of the crew (as you can see Whitney, in the black hat, didn't miss out)

-Amanda akrenz@myabc5.com