Monday, November 23, 2009

This really scared me!


The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the largest crib recall in history today, telling consumers to stop using 2.1 million Stork Craft drop-down-side cribs because at least four infants have died in them.

Click here for a link to the full story.

My first thought was, “Oh my gosh, what’s the name brand of my son’s crib at home?” Thankfully we don’t have a Stork Craft. And ours doesn’t have a drop-down-side. My two-year-old still sleeps in it, although it’s a modified version. The mattress is lowered all the way down and the front is off. It’s basically a daybed.

There must be some of you out there who have this model of crib. Does this recall scare you? Or is it an over-reaction? What do you plan to do (if anything) if you have this crib at home?

-Amanda

Send your feedback to akrenz@myabc5.com or rpierce@myabc5.com