Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fun Easter, Funny Toddler

My mom made this awesome cake last weekend when I was home for Easter. It was a birthday cake for my brother and me (my birthday's the end of March, his is beginning of April). I thought it was so cute I wanted to take a photo and share it. It's two circle cakes, one used for the face the other cut into shapes for the ears and bow tie.

We also had our own Easter egg hunt at my parents' house with all the grandkids. The eggs were full of change and candy, they might as well have been pure gold. They had a great time. Recent Maddox funnies:

While we were home for Easter I had my sister take some family photos (here's her website). We were all loaded in the car headed out to the location for the photo shoot when I decided last minute to run back in and change from a skirt into pants. When I hopped out of the car Maddox asked my sister, "Where'd Mommy go?" My sister explained I went back inside to change into some pants. He understood immediately and simply said, "Oh, that's because Mommy peed in her underwear."

The other day when my husband was driving home with Maddox after daycare he pointed out a motorcyclist stopped at a stop light in the pouring rain. My husband said, "Look Maddox that motorcycle rider is getting rained on." Maddox became concerned and begged, "Can you save him? Can you save him?"

My husband asked, "What do you want me to do?" Maddox replied, "Can you couple up to him?" For those who don't know, this is a train term. Maddox wanted to hitch up the car to that motorcyclist and his bike (similar to the train cars in the photo). Unfortunately this didn't happen, but Maddox seemed to be okay with it. I guess that's the response you get from a Thomas the Tank Engine fanatic.

Amanda

akrenz@myabc5.com