Monday, April 19, 2010



Our little girl is now five days old! We took her to her first doctor's appointment today and she is one healthy baby, even surpassed her birth weight!
We, of course, are sleep deprived but its so worth it. We are just totally in love and smitten with her.
It took a little bit to get her here. First she was twelve days late and I had twelve hours of labor. We chose to have her at Mercy downtown and what a wonderful experience. The nurses and staff were incredible, Jennifer, Cindy, Laura and so many others made us feel as comfortable as possible and my husband and I are forever grateful.
I'm not going to write much because I have a feeling the baby will be waking up at any second. Just one funny story before I sign off. We gave Lydia her first bath and were so nervous. My husband said, "we are two educated adults we should be able to pull this off."

The bath part went great, we went in with a plan and were successful. It is always what you don't plan for that gets you though. In this case it was the post-bath "I'm warm and relaxed" diaper flood. The bad part was that we had not quite got to the diaper stage, she was still in the drying off step. Most of it got caught by the towel, but my shirt and the rug caught some as well. Who knew something so small could make such a mess!

Thank you to all of you for your well wishes!

Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com