Monday, April 5, 2010

Nursery Done!


Today I'm three days past my due date but the good news is that it was just enough time to finish our nursery!

We had been waiting on our crib and changing table, what a disaster that turned out to be. We had ordered them from company [I’m not allowed to say here] in December and was told they were in stock. A few weeks later we were e-mailed that they were on backorder until March 31st. I thought that's fine, she'll sleep in a bassinet in the beginning anyway. Well March 31st rolled around and we heard nothing, my husband called the company and they said they would check in on it. Then I get another e-mail saying it is not coming in until July 9th! That's when we canceled our order and went over to Suite Dreams in Clive. They had multiple cribs in stock and so the crib and changing table are from them!

As for the paintings on the wall, my mom did the blue hot air balloon and I painted the bird on a branch. My husband, with some help from my Sister, put down the flooring, made the custom shelves, put up the new light fixture, painted the entire room and put all the furniture together...what a guy!
Rache Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com





Custom shelves made by my hubby, Matthew
Changing station

























To give you an idea this is the room before the remodel (see below)