Tuesday, April 27, 2010



Our little Lydia is almost two weeks old and I really feel like myself again! I've been busy lately too. Brad Edwards last week brought over his tiller for my vegetable garden. My husband tilled it for me, unfortunately the Mediacom cable for the house happened to run under our garden. Oops, no Internet, cable or phone for a few hours.
But after the tilling my sister Natalie and I planted all the seeds and plants we bought. It includes two cherry tomato plants, two Roma tomato plants, two rows of kohlrabies, four cucumber mounds, two rows of peas, two rows of beans, cilantro and we have some rhubarb already growing. We got it all planted just before the rain came in! Perfect timing thanks to Brad's excellent forecast!


Today was a gorgeous day and I was able to take the baby and dogs for a long walk. When we got back I handed the baby off to Dad and went to work on my flower beds. I planted all my Canna Lilly bulbs and some other plants and weeded a bit. I also got all the laundry done and even touched up the paint in our dinning room, something I've been meaning to do since we moved in. Everyone says sleep when the baby sleeps but we've been really lucky and have been getting a lot of sleep at night because she goes four hour long stretches in between feedings. I think that's why I feel so good already.

Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com