Monday, December 7, 2009

New York, New York




Just got back from a wonderful four day trip to New York City with my husband Matthew. We shopped, ate and just enjoyed each other’s company. It’s a love/hate relationship with the big apple this time of year. Love all the Christmas decorations, especially at Rockefeller Center, but could really do without the massive crowds. The best part this time is that I pretty much got all my Christmas shopping done as well as my husband’s (one of the perks for him on being married: I do all of his gift shopping). We hit up an outdoor arts and crafts fair on the fringe of Central Park, with all sorts of shops, and even hot apple cider. That night we were both tuckered out so we opted to skip going out to dinner and stay in order a movie and room service, I love those nights once in awhile. I also love dressing up and going to a nice restaurant and there are lots of opportunities for that in New York. This trip we didn't see any shows, unless you count the street musicians. When we were there this past October we did go to the top of Rockefeller Center and enjoyed the amazing views.

Have you been to NYC? What do you love most?


-Rachel Pierce rpierce@myabc5.com