Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Nusery

(Our Bedding)

This weekend my husband and I finally purchased all the furniture for our nursery. We bought our crib and changing table from NurseryWorks.com and our glider from Liapela.com. When we were looking at stores in the area the clerks said it could take up to twelve weeks for orders to get in. Twelve weeks?!? I'm at 26 now, the baby could be here by then!!!! YIKES!

My husband, Matthew (who is very handy), is building custom permanent shelving on one wall. He's also repainting, taking the popcorn off the ceiling, installing new light fixtures, tearing out the carpet and replacing it with wood flooring. We have a lot to do…or rather, he has a lot to do.

He always makes sure to take before and after shots, so I’ll post them here when the job is done. Our theme is paper dolls and we bought our bedding from Dwellstudios.com. Really cute stuff. As for everything else the bottles, clothing, strollers etc., we are buying local. We love the store Simply for Giggles in the East Village, I'm sure we'll be picking up items from them as well.

One thing I'm having a hard time finding is an area rug that I like. Any suggestions on where I should look? Somewhere with a large selection? Rachel Pierce rpierce@myabc5.com


(Our Glider)

(Our Crib)



(Our Changing Table)