Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lots of fun at Honey Creek

This is where my family spent the weekend. If you've never been to Honey Creek Resort State Park, I highly recommend it. My parents got us a weekend stay for a Christmas gift, we picked a weekend and turned it into a mini family reunion you could say. We did the same thing last year and had so much fun.


Here are some photos I found online of the hotel and the indoor water park.


As you can see it's a great place for kids, especially during the winter months when they have cabin fever. During the warmer months you can take in the golf course and all the water recreation on Lake Rathbun. And if a hotel's not your thing, they have cabins and cottages to stay in.

Another plus, it's an earth-friendly facility. Everywhere you look in the hotel they've got energy saving features (even the toilets).

I probably sound like a walking advertisement, and I am. I want this place to succeed. It's the only state-run resort in Iowa and I like to support local whenever I can.

Oh, and did I mention the restaurant has delicious food? What more could you ask for?

Thanks for reading,

Amanda

akrenz@myabc5.com