Monday, March 22, 2010

Pregnancy Brain


So I only have eleven days left until my due date and the brain is really starting to go. I hear from a lot of moms that this happens.

Here is a really good example of what I'm talking about. I was at Super Target on Sunday doing a little shopping. I was over in the grocery aisle and they had a lady handing out samples of chips and dip. Being the good pregnant lady I am I "needed" to eat it. A couple of chips later I continued on my way. About three aisles later a fellow shopper said to me, “wow that's a lot of chips, must be some party.” I looked down and realized I had taken the sample lady's cart and left mine with my purse aisles back. Folks, I didn't even have any chips in my cart and here I am walking around with a cart filled to the top with them and I didn't even notice.

So I hurried back to the samples lady and she said she wondered where her cart had gone. I blamed the pregnancy. Yikes! Thank goodness my purse was still there!

Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com