Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another year... time flies... how 'bout this weather?

I came into work today with this lovely bouquet on my desk. I looked at Rachel and said, "Ah, those must be from my mom for my birthday." I opened the card and saw that they were actually from my dear husband. I called him immediately to thank him and he said, "I bet you thought they were from your mom." He knows me too well.

The newsroom is thankful it's my birthday today. Why, you might ask? Because that means they get free sweets. Rachel brought cupcakes and cookies. Yum!

I don't know where the last year went. In fact, where did the last three go? I think having children makes time go by so fast. And in a couple months, with another new addition I'm sure time will pass at lightening speed.

And how about this weather? I think it's perfect, seriously. Mid 70's is perfect in my book. My dad told me today it was similar weather the day I was born, he thought it was maybe even warmer. I had Chris Maiers (meteorologist) check on the weather from March 31, 1978 in Ottumwa, Iowa. The high was 81 degrees that day. 32 years later, it looks like March is once again going out like a lamb.

Thanks for reading,
Amanda
akrenz@myabc5.com