Friday, February 26, 2010

Lesson learned...

Question #1: Have you ever heard that expression, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?"

Question #2: Have you ever tried a new facial cleanser that burned your skin?

I thought I'd try a new make-up remover/cleanser. Not because the one I used didn't work, I just wanted to change it up. Big mistake.

A few nights ago I washed my face with the new cleanser after I got home from work. I noticed some tingling but thought the cleanser was 'doing its job.' I woke up the next morning with swollen eyes, and a red, burning swollen face. Not good when you have to put that face on TV.

I went ahead and came to work that day, and got some interesting comments ranging from "Oh, it's not that bad, maybe just a bit puffy" to "Wow Amanda, your face looks really bad." I think that one came from Rachel, and it was the most honest and appreciated reaction.

Long story short, my news director looked at me on camera and said it would be best to sit out the 5 and 6 o'clock news and hopefully the swelling looked better by 10. Which thankfully it did. Here I am three days later and my face feels better, looks a little better, just a little swollen and peeling.

I think the new cleanser had a chemical that I had an allergic reaction to. I'm not really sure. But maybe this will save some of you from the same humiliation.

Like I said, lesson learned.

Amanda
ackrenz@myabc5.com