Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger

I just so happened to be at the gym this morning when Tiger Woods made his announcement.. I wouldn’t say it was a press conference though because no real media was allowed in and no one could ask questions. Mr. Woods has captured America's attention. Take my gym for instance, it was packed and on every piece of cardio equipment the person was watching him. Fifty little TV’s, all with his face.

I have mixed feelings on what he said. No, I don't want the sordid details, really does anyone? But, I do want to know why. I know he said he gave into temptation and has a problem...still does not answer the question of why. What I do want details about is what happened that Thanksgiving night. Do you think he was telling the truth when he said his wife didn't hit him or come after him? Did you think his apology to his friends, family and fans was heartfelt? I thought he part of this was to reassure all his sponsors and the golf community that he will return, most likely this year.

When I was watching all the national media reaction, they were saying he did the right thing by coming forward, that this will go a long way for his public image and so on. But, when I heard people talking at the gym many had rather harsh comments for him. What do you think?

Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com