Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Superbowl, Superfun


My husband Matthew and I are the two least watching football people...but we are always up for any excuse to host a party. So on Sunday we had a small gathering of about 15 people at our house for the big game. Everyone brought their favorite football food, so we had enough to probably feed a football team. My husband made his famous heart attack cheese dip, which includes bacon and sausage. I'd give you the recipe but I'm sworn to secrecy.

Everyone at our house was cheering for the Saints, except my sister Natalie and me. She just moved here from Indianapolis so she's a die-hard fan. I cheered them on because she had a jersey that fit my belly.

We all actually watched the game, but of course the room got quite and watched intensely when the commercials came on. My favorites: the Griswold family vacation one, the house of beer bottles and the e-trade baby ones. What was your favorite? What is your favorite superbowl dish?
Rachel Pierce
rpierce@myabc5.com